Sun, Aug 27|
Poe Paddy State Park / Tunnel Spur Rd.
Poe Paddy Tunnel
Take a short trip along the Pennsylvania Mid State Trail that begins with a memorable walk through the 250-foot Paddy Mountain Railroad Tunnel.
Time & Location
Aug 27, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Poe Paddy State Park / Tunnel Spur Rd., Tunnel Spur Rd, Haines Township, PA 16882, USA
About the event
Centred Outdoors will host free and guided events at the Poe Paddy Railroad Tunnel on August 27 and 31. Join informative guided hikes at Poe Paddy on Sunday, August 27 at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.; and Thursday August 31 at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Take a short trip along the Pennsylvania Mid State Trail that begins with a memorable walk through the 250-foot Paddy Mountain Railroad Tunnel. After brief darkness in the tunnel you will be greeted by gorgeous views of Penn’s Creek, birdsongs, and an abundance of plants and trees surrounding the Mid State Trail. The trail is welcoming, with wide, flat, even terrain - making this adventure well-suited for people of all ages and fitness levels.
The drive to Poe Paddy Tunnel includes long stretches of gravel forest roads, and cell service can be very limited. (Reserve a seat on our free Shuttle Van!) You’ll want to follow directions for Poe Paddy State Park – you pass through the park’s main camping areas and continue to the Poe Paddy Tunnel Parking Area on Tunnel Spur Road.
- Sturdy shoes and a filled water bottle (32 oz. or more per adult) are necessary for all outings. Water filling stations are not available at most locations.
- Sun and insect protection recommended such as sunscreen, insect repellent, long sleeves/pants, or hat. Please note: This destination is next to Class A trout fishery, and where there are trout, there are bugs! Insect protection will provide a much more enjoyable outdoor experience.
- Limited Cell Service at this location – bring or download maps to use offline.
- Shuttle Van Service available for some outings – see Transportation.
- Need Gear? Reserve items from our Gear Library.